This course contains everything you need to get started with Excel. We call it Excel Fundamentals because, more than just the basics, we believe that this class gives you the fundamental skills to create smart, useful spreadsheets. For veteran users of Excel, you might be surprised to learn some of the shortcuts and tips shared as well!
Recommended Prerequisites: None!
Live Workshop: 2, 4 hour sessions – Contact Us to schedule a live workshop for your organization
eLearning: 5 sessions listed below. Sessions may be purchased individually. Buy any 4 sessions throughout the site, get a 5th free. Use coupon code “B4G1″ at checkout.
- Excel Elements: If you have ever opened the Excel window only to close it again frustrated or intimidated, this session will bring much needed clarity to what you are seeing and why. This session also includes some great Microsoft Office tips often overlooked or unknown by the frequent user.
- Creating a Spreadsheet: We’ll walk through the process of creating and saving a spreadsheet, including some great data entry tools that will make entering your data super easy!
- Formatting a Spreadsheet: With Excel’s formatting tools, it is really simple to get consistent formatting that looks sharp. We’ll explore the various formatting tools available including number formats and learn how to quickly apply them everywhere you want.
- Setting Page Layout: Unlike Microsoft Word, what you see on the screen is not necessarily what you will see in printed format. In this session, we’ll learn how to set up your page so it looks as great printed as it does on the screen. Topics include: Print Preview, Print Settings, Margins, Orientation, Paper Size, Gridlines, Page Breaks, and Page Break Preview.
- Excel Formulas: Let formulas do the calculating in your spreadsheet! Even better, when written well, they automatically update. In this session, we’ll cover all aspects of formulas: deciphering them, writing them, and using built-in functions to do the work for you.
Recommended Courses for Continued Learning
… Make Lists & Manage Deadlines – COMING SOON!
Keywords: Productivity, Microsoft Excel, Excel, Printing Worksheets, AutoFill